Have a passion for coffee? Want to work for a locally owned & woman led company? Apply to work with Java House | Heirloom Salad Co.
Don’t forget to download an application! Once completed, submit your application online, fax it to our office, or return it to any of our cafes.
Have questions? Send an email to email@example.com.
**Before submitting your application electronically, please save a version titled as your lastname-firstname-application.pdf for ease of access and to ensure your application does not get lost. Applications not following this format MAY NOT be reviewed.**
Baristas | Guest Service Team Members for all cafe and kiosk locations including:
- Downtown | Washington St.
- Westside | Mormon Trek Blvd.
- Eastside | 1st Ave
- Pappajohn Biomedical Discovery Building kiosk (on the 2nd floor)
- Iowa Memorial Union kiosk (on the ground floor)
- North Liberty | Hwy 965 NE
**Please specify which location you are interested in on your application**
If you are seeking a fun and energizing coffeehouse environment with an amazing team or just generally love coffee, then you will enjoy this experience! We are seeking team members with a desire to work 15 hours and up to 40 hours a week with availability ranging from 5:15am to 7 or 8pm. We offer flexibility around busy school schedules, however part-time team members should be available some weekend days and maintain a minimum of 15-18 hours per week.
Java House offers a wonderful opportunity for growth and management experience with a company that is celebrating 27 years of local coffee brewing. Team members will be trained on coffee brewing, espresso machines, food preparation – including salads, sandwiches, soups and pastries – and food preparation for large scale event catering.
Company product discounts are offered along with company sponsored insurance benefits for full-time status of 30 hours or more. Management opportunity and wage to commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $10.00 – $14.00 per hour
Culinary & Pastry Assistant – 150 Stevens Drive Iowa City, IA
Seeking a full or part time Culinary and Pastry Assistant for our locally owned, Java House | Heirloom Salad Company Commissary and Bakery in South Iowa City.Immediate positions available within the hours of 8am – 10pm with 4 or 8 hours shifts. Must be available some weekends and willing to drive a company van to deliver product to our locations.
The Java House Commissary operates seven days a week from 7am to 10pm. Our team assists with the creation, development, production and delivery of pastries, sweets, hand-crafted soups and salad dressings for retail Java House and Heirloom Salad Company stores in Iowa City & North Liberty. While these positions do not require direct Guest service interaction, they do require attention to detail, a passion for food creation, staff should be task-driven with the ability to work independently with our small team of 3-6 people. Independently drive, as you may be working by yourself at times.
Range of pay based on culinary experience, food development and full | part time status employment. Serv Safe certification a plus. The Java House offers full insurance benefits for team members who exceed 30 hours per week and acquire full-time status.
Must be 18 years of age. Ability to stand for extended hours, lift 20-30 pounds periodically, ability to be exposed to 7 major food allergens. Must have a valid driver’s license with average driving record.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $12.00 – $15.00 per hour
Graphic Design Assistant – 350 Herky St North Liberty, Iowa
**Please submit resumes and portfolios to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the position you are applying for in the subject line.**
Do you enjoy drinking Java House coffee at work and the culture of coffee growing and production? Join our Creative & Branding team in North Liberty, Iowa. We are seeking 1 to 2 graphic design assistants to join our team who are excited to work for a locally owned and woman led business. Ideal candidates for this position will be passionate about graphic design & coffee and can assist in the creative and branding process for Java House Retail & Website, Roastery, Bakery, Catering and our sister company Heirloom Salad Co. New designers will receive hands-on experience and training in the creative field.
We are seeking individuals that have strengths in:
- Eye for Design. Take charge in preparing print signage and digital graphics to fit within the Java House brand including: marketing campaign materials, point of purchase materials and company training materials. Be comfortable with physical sign production including wide-format printing, trimming, and prepping materials for delivery.
- Attention to Detail. A strong attention to detail is a must. Must print and trim signage accurate to dimensions for all locations. Pay attention to spelling and grammar to avoid mistakes.
- Website Maintenance. Create graphics to occupy a digital space. Have knowledge of common web dimensions.
- Digital and Social Media Marketing. Prepare digital marketing graphics and assist with social media relations.
- Eye for Photography. Assist with photoshoots for branding promotions, social media and company training material.
- Videography skills are a bonus. Shoot and edit video clips for social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram including stories and reels.
- Merchandising. Product fulfillment and organization within the retail stores. Set and face store displays, prepare merchandise for delivery.
- Advanced knowledge of Apple and Windows operating systems is required. Must have the ability to quickly and efficiently use a computer.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Lightroom is required.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Animate is preferred.
- Experience with WordPress and WooCommerce is preferred.
These part-time positions require on-site performance in North Liberty, IA with the ability to drive to retail locations in Iowa City. Positions will range from college internship to experienced graphic design skill set with long-term opportunity available.
Range of pay will be considered based on practical work experience, desired hours and review of portfolio or website. Resume and portfolio will be required.
Job Type: Part-time 10-20 hours per week, Available between 9am – 5pm
Pay: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour